Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Hurricane Season

Growing up Hurricane season was nothing more than lots and lots of heavy rain and wind. I really didn't think much about them. Living in FL Hurricanes were just a part of life. As I've gotten older I know they can be more than just lots of heavy rain and wind. They not only bring destruction, but they can bring deaths.

People joke about FL and how they deal with Hurricanes. Celebrating, having hurricane parties and just all around making light of the destructive weather. We may not panic and clear out the grocery stores when we know the storm is coming.

However, we do know to go with nonperishables and food which can be cooked without electricity or need refrigeration. Power outages are always highly likely, so making sure there is plenty of water stored up for flushing toilets and brushing teeth as well as to drink.

I am just thankful none of these natural weather occurrences has ever taken anyone I knew, know or related to. To those who have lost loved ones or friends to these occurrences I am sorry and my heart goes out to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment