Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Weekend events...

Well, despite my collision with a deer on Sunday afternoon (1:30ish), which is an odd time to see deer out and moving around anyway, I had a good weekend. I got family time with the hubby and two of my boys. Thankfully the one son was home Sunday afternoon and had not left to go back to base yet or I would have been calling the other one at his job.
It took three hours from the time I hit the deer to get back home with my car. I did not drive it, we were fortunate enough to have some very kind individuals, who had stopped to make sure I was okay after the deer tried to catch a ride with me, offered us the use of a car dolly so I didn't have to call for a tow truck, since the HP on the scene said, "I can't let you drive this vehicle." He had walked over and pushed on the class to show it wasn't safe to drive even though I was only 10 minutes from the house. 
The hubby called Autoglass Now and ordered a new windshield Sunday and it was replaced today (Tuesday). The installer called me 30 minutes before he arrived. When he arrived he went straight to work. I had never seen a windshield replaced before, I found it very cool to watch him. From start to finish it took him less than an hour to get the broken windshield out and the new one in. And trust me when I say it was hot and my car was not in the shade.
For my Carolina peeps, if you ever need auto glass repairs or replacements, this is the company to call for sure. They were professional, quick, and reasonably priced!

Before                                                 After
      

Yay, new window. Now HP won't say I can't drive it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment