Saturday, June 22, 2019

Wishing I was in the sky...

 
I spent eight days learning to run into the sky and fly with the birds feeling the air against my face and to see the wide, wide world around me. I stepped outside my comfort zone and learned so much about myself. There truly is nothing to stop you as long as you are open to the experience. As you all know I am 80% blind in one eye, well to answer some questions I am sure are popping into your minds. Yes, depth perception is an issue for me on a daily bases, but because I had such amazing instructors my blindness was not a disability and I was able to not only fly, I was able to land without fear I was going to crash. I am so grateful to my husband for bringing this adventure into our lives and making it a full family affair. I look forward to the many adventures of flying together, feeling the wind, seeing the amazing world below us, and sharing it with our family (at least three of them for now). Looking to the sky is so different these days cause all I can think is, "I wish I were flying right now!" Don't let any limitation you think you might have stop you from going for what you want, nothing can stop you except your doubt, so don't let it!! Step outside your comfort zone and reach for your own sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment