Friday, January 6, 2017

Sleep escapes me

I find myself in a familiar state again. It is late, and I am unable to sleep. I know it is because my mind won't shut down and allow me to sleep. I have to say there are times when I hate when this happens, but then there are other times I realize there is a reason.

Most of the time it is stress or anxiety which causes me to not sleep. Tonight it is, I am sure because I slept for five hours in the afternoon when I returned home from my eye doctor's appointment. I had to rest my eyes after having them dilated, poked and blinded during the appointment. All of which you would think after two + years I would be used to by now.

The reality of it is no matter what the reason is, I am awake when I should be sleeping. I have thought about taking something to assist in getting me to sleep, but then I realize at this time it will only make it harder for me to get up when I need to. So, the Delima is, do I just stay up or try to sleep without the assistance.

I suppose I still have a little time in which to decide before I truly run out of what is left of the night and there is no more choice to be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment